THE ONLY THING GETTING LIT THIS WEEKEND ARE MY FALL SCENTED CANDLES
Tis the season for oversized sweaters, RumChata, football and crock-pot meals. You know the drill. It’s no secret that Fall is sort of “basic” (you were thinking it) …
Live The Denver Lifestyle is here to put the pumpkin back in your spice.
Here are our Fall must-haves for 2018.
1. LETTER BOARDS are giving us life right now. Get your house guests giggling with a punny quote and inspire them with your trendy decor. Swoop one or two or three up today from your local Target. We suggest picking up extra letters while you’re at it. The last thing you want to have is the most original, knee-slapping saying to throw on your letter board, but not enough letters to execute it #epicfail. Not feeling clever? No worries! Throw “letter board quotes” in your Google or Pinterest search and have a hay day! Trust us on this one. The people love letter boards!
2. Who isn’t a sucker for a yummy scent? But, let’s be honest.. burning candles every hour of every day can really rack up the credit card bill, so we tried this stovetop recipe and it provided an Autumn scent that lingered all night long! We suggest you give it a go.
For this delicious scent, all you need is:
5 cups water
2 oranges, peeled
1 apple, sliced in half
3 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
1 teaspoon-sized knob of fresh ginger
1 teaspoon cardamom pods
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel
simmer and add more water as needed!
3. Alright. Let’s go there. Let’s talk pumpkins. Let’s take something ordinary and make it extraordinary. I dare you to try something different this year. Face it, no one likes carving pumpkins anyway. Personal favorite, white wash and replace the stem with driftwood. Other trendy and creative options we found are foiling, painting and even using your pumpkin as a planter. DREAMY!
4. SLOW COOKER FRENCH ONION SOUP.
Need I say more?
Crock pots are the absolute best. Not only does your meal get to marinate and perfect it’s flavor all day long, you don’t have to cook after a stressful day of adulating and you walk in your front door to get smacked in the face with the oh-so-yummy scent of dinner.
By now you’re probably ready to run to the store, so here are the details to execute the photo above. You are welcome!
3 large white onions , sliced
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
64 oz Beef Broth
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic , minced
1/3 cup dry sherry
4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried Thyme)
1 Bay Leaf
8 slices dry french bread
3/4 cup Gruyere cheese , shredded
1/2 cup Emmental cheese , shredded
6 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
In a large non-stick pan, cook onions, butter and brown sugar over medium low heat until golden and caramelized.
Once golden, add to the slow cooker along with remaining ingredients except bread and cheeses.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove and discard bay leaf and ladle the soup into bowls. Top with dry bread slices and cheeses. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
5. It’s Colorado for goodness sake. Get out there and look at it.
Click the link below for some festive Fall functions!